ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) is one of the popular boards in India. ICSE schools follow this board. The programs of ICSE mainly reveal the principles and theoretical essentials. Many private schools in India opt for the ICSE board. It abides by the new education policy of 1986 and runs through the English medium. Students and parents look for the top schools in Goregaon, Mumbai that offer the ICSE board in order to avail of the excellent facilities to make sure the holistic development of students.
Admission Procedure of ICSE Schools
Admission to ICSE schools is controlled by some government and council regulations and by circumstances of age, ability, and conduct.
The admission will not be complete until the production of the Transfer Certificate from the last recognized school attended. A Birth Certificate is needed for new admission.
Admissions are available for Pre-School – (Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Jr. KG. & Sr. KG.) and ICSE (STD. I to IX). From the school premises, the admission forms for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten can be obtained. Admission into higher grades will depend on the availability of seats.
Admission into the school is simple and necessitates nominal basic information for any ward looking for admission into the school.
Students looking for admission in higher Grades may have to appear for an “admission test” in which questions relating to needed knowledge will be asked from Science, Maths, and Languages.
The admission procedure of ICSE schools includes the following stages:
· Procurement of the Brochure and Application Form for Admission Online or from the School Admin Office.
· Submission of the duly fulfilled Application Form and supporting documents together with the Registration Fee within the stipulated date.
· Notifying about the admission decision to the parents by the school.
· Assent of the admission by the parents and payment of applicable fees.
· Confirmation of admission by the school.
Application for Admission
The application form for admission, brochure, and pertinent documents are available online or from the School Admin Office.
The Application Form duly filled together with an affixed recent passport-size photograph needs to be submitted to the School Admin Office on or before the last specified date, together with the following documents:
· Wherever applicable, one certified true copy of School Reports for the last 3 years.
· One certified true copy of the student’s Birth Certificate. The name of the student must be mentioned on it. The Birth Certificate has to be in English. If the original Birth Certificate is in a regional language or Hindi, an English translation of the same on Rs. 100/- stamp paper, duly notarized has to be submitted. For verification, an original Birth Certificate has to be produced.
· If the student is coming from Maharashtra, a Transfer Certificate, with a U-DISE number from the last school attended is needed. The Transfer Certificate should be duly countersigned by the Education Officer of that area if the student is coming from outside Maharashtra.
· Proof of Residence (e.g., paid Landline Telephone Bill/ Electricity Bill / Voter Card, etc.), two stamp-size photographs of the student and both the parents, Medical Fitness Certificate duly signed and stamped by a Registered Medical Practitioner are also required.
Acceptance of Admission
Confirmation of Admission will be made on receipt of the following within the stipulated date:
· Applicable Fees / Charges / Expenses
· Security Deposit
· Transfer Certificate issued from the last attended school
· Signature of both parents on the Application for Admission Form
The signature of the parents on the "Application for Admission Form" is meant to confirm:
· The genuineness of eligibility standards and all submitted documents.
· The financial obligations towards the school.
· An arrangement that they and the student will abide by the rules and regulations of the school in force from time to time.
Application for Admission will be fulfilled only after the payment of Non- refundable Admission form submission charges.